Friday, January 4, 2013

A Brief Tribute

Today I wish to pay tribute to a few people whose exemplary lives and individual desires to do God's will have inspired me to become better. 

Elder Anderson:

"The more I learn about the wisdom of God, the more I believe I am only at the beginning end of wisdom. It humbles me as I realize how much I have to learn. Today, I hope to increase our desire to acquire wisdom and specifically the wisdom of God."  (From the recent Ensign article, Reverence for God is the beginning of Wisdom)

Nephi:
 
"For the fulness of mine intent is that I may apersuade men to bcome unto the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, and be saved.
Wherefore, the things which are apleasing unto the world I do not write, but the things which are pleasing unto God and unto those who are not of the world." (1 Ne. 6:4-5)

Moroni:

"Behold, I am Moroni, your chief captain. I aseek not for power, but to pull it down. I bseek not for honor of the world, but for the glory of my God, and the freedom and welfare of my country. And thus I close mine epistle." (Alma 60:36)

Jesus Christ:

"Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do anothing of myself; but as my bFather hath ctaught me, I dspeak these things.
And he that asent me is with me: the Father hath not left me balone; for I cdo always those things that dplease him." (John 8:28-29)