Friday, October 17, 2014

Millions Shall Know Brother Joseph Again

"He called me by name, and said unto me that he was a messenger sent from the presence of God to me, and that his name was Moroni; that God had a work for me to do; and that my name should be had for good and evil among all nations, kindreds, and tongues, or that it should be both good and evil spoken of among all people." (Joseph Smith-History 1:33)

Joseph Smith is a true prophet of God.  The Holy Ghost has testified to my heart and confirmed in my mind on occasions too numerous to count that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His Beloved Son Jesus Christ, that he was the chosen instrument for the Restoration of the Gospel, that he translated the Book of Mormon by the gift and power of God, and that he lived great and died great in the eyes of God and his people.  I echo the testimony of his close friend and fellow servant:

“I testify before God, angels, and men, that [Joseph] was a good, honorable, [and] virtuous man— … [and] that his private and public character was unimpeachable—and that he lived and died as a man of God.” - John Taylor (see also D&C 135:3)

Joseph Smith himself declared: "I shall speak with authority of the Priesthood in the name of the Lord God, which shall prove a savor of life unto life, or of death unto death. . . . If you wish to go where God is, you must be like God, or possess the principles which God possesses, for if we are not drawing towards God in principle, we are going from Him and drawing towards the devil. . . Search your hearts, and see if you are like God. I have searched mine, and feel to repent of all my sins."

How well do you know the Prophet Joseph Smith?

The following resources may be helpful in your quest to know the Prophet Joseph Smith better, and to better understand the marvelous work and a wonder that the Lord brought about through him:


1 comment:

  1. Wow, THANK YOU for this list. I have been struggling to find some good reads about Joseph Smith, outside of the standard works. This is an answer to prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment here: