Friday, October 24, 2014

Meet the Muslims


There is far too little understanding of Islam in the West.

I include myself in this indictment.  It is regrettable that so many of us know next to nothing about one of the world's great monotheistic religious traditions.  Furthermore, what we do know, or what we think we know, is too often informed by the consumption and regurgitation of sensationalized media reports.  If the recent film Meet the Mormons has helped in any way to shed light on the lives and beliefs of members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (which I think it has), I can only imagine what a film like Meet the Muslims might accomplish.

But since, to my knowledge, such a film has not yet been produced, allow me to outline a few resources that may be useful in helping us to better understand Islam and the people who adhere to this widely practiced and vibrant faith.


Rules of Religious Understanding:
The Noble Qur'an

Qur'an and Hadith:


Verbal Description of the Prophet Muhammad

The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH):

Latter-day Saint Perspectives on Islam:

A Few of my own Blog Posts on Islam:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here: