Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Refuge from the Storm


Since recent events (general conference, coronavirus, earthquakes, erupting volcanos, storms, etc.) have reminded some people that we are living in the prophesied last days, and since there is no shortage of speculation or limits to the human imagination, I recommend Craig James Ostler's book Living in the Last Days: Refuge from the Storm as a good resource for anyone who is interested in better understanding the events that will precede the second coming of the Savior Jesus Christ. This book is light on conjecture, and heavy on doctrine, scripture, and the teachings of ancient and modern prophets. There is still much that we don't know, but it would be wise to acquaint ourselves thoroughly with what has already been revealed, because the coming of the Lord is near, even at the doors (Matt. 24:33): 

"And again, be patient in tribulation until I come; and, behold, I come quickly, and my reward is with me, and they who have sought me early shall find rest to their souls. Even so. Amen." (D&C 54:10)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here: