Saturday, September 22, 2012

Theology of the Book of Mormon, Part 3

Today was the last day of the annual meeting of the Society for Mormon Philosophy and Theology.  Peter Huff, a convert to Catholicism with a Baptist background, gave an excellent presentation on a Catholic view of grace in the Book of Mormon.  Linda Soderquist gave an edifying presentation on the principle of meekness.  After these presentations, Blake Ostler, Adam Miller and others took the audience on a creative tour of theological experimentation, and Randall Paul provided some concluding remarks on the Book of Mormon.

All in all, the conference was a success.  In addition to encountering a variety of interesting ideas, I met some very bright and talented people. I do not claim to grasp all of the theological ideas that were expressed.  I feel only to say, like Nephi of old, that "I know that God loveth his children, nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." (1 Ne. 11:17)