Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Things of my Soul

This morning I read a selection from the Psalm of Nephi:

And upon these I write the things of my soul, and many of the scriptures which are engraven upon the plates of brass.  For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them, and writeth them for the learning and the profit of my children. Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard. (2 Ne. 4:15-16)

A search for the word "delight" in the standard works produced 103 results. I was pondering that in which the Lord delights. Nephi's soul delighted in the things of the Lord because his soul delighted in the same things in which the Lord finds delights. Jacob also delighted in the things of the Lord, so much so that he could say without any compunction: "come unto the Holy One of Israel, and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness." (2 Ne. 9:51)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here: